Senior Product Marketing Manager
The Sr. Marketing Product Manager is responsible for the profitable growth of an innovative acute care negative pressure therapy device for the U.S. market through the creation and execution of customer focused marketing strategies and product plans, product launch programs, identification of market and segment trends, and promotional programs for products which meet the needs of customers across Hospitals, Long Term Acute Care and Skilled Nursing Facilities.
- Performs clear product leadership role with sales team, drives best practice sharing, obtains accurate and insightful product planning input and leverages product investments in the US.
- Leads development of product marketing plans including all elements of promotional mix by preparing objectives, strategies, tactics, launch of new products, selection of sales channel, communication tactics, and collaterals and other support materials as appropriate.
- Work collaboratively identifying and providing input to the global/franchise product development teams
- Recommends pricing strategies, literature/video/sales support materials, labeling revisions and clinical studies.
- Becomes the subject matter expert including determination of market share and market trends; keeps others informed by maintaining and distributing competitive comparisons and evaluations while working closely with other disciplines such as global/franchise and Sales teams. Makes adjustment to assigned product sales and marketing strategies to manage competitive threats/opportunities.
- Develops product oriented positioning documents, product profiles, competitive analysis, presentations, demos, white papers, product updates and content for corporate marketing vehicles such as web sites, brochures and seminars.
- Monitors product development progress with engineering, manufacturing, regulatory affairs and related departments to ensure product line objectives are achieved on a timely basis.
- Prepares annual budget forecasts for the marketing functions related to the product line(s), including annual sales and expense budget. Manages product expense budget within set parameters (advertising, promotion, travel, etc.).
- Maintains frequent and regular contact with strategic industry experts and trade organizations, field visits with key surgeons and sales consultants, participation in key meetings and conferences to ensure company and products are perceived superior relative to the competition.
- Collaborates with sales to ensure a high quality of sales support in terms of new product/market introductions, sales training programs, key account field visits and regular communication, both responsive as well as proactive.
- Establishes and maintains key close professional relationships with internal and external constituents to stay abreast of new market opportunities. Continually pushes for new innovations within existing product line.
- Monitors forecasts as necessary and works collaboratively with other departments to ensure product availability throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Responsible for ensuring products are properly positioned in the market utilizing creative promotional, pricing, service, and product characteristic strategies to maximize sales and profits.
Participates in strategic sales and marketing planning activities for assigned products in order to identify key targets by specific product.
- Oversee product lifecycles from concept through commercialization through maturity, ensuring that sales goals are achieved.
- Performs analysis on product sales and profitability. Develop reports for senior management that include data analysis, interpretation, and recommendations based on data.
- Manage client referral network, case studies, and leveraging results of beta testing for marketing purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Business or Marketing
- 7+ years of marketing experience within the medical device/pharmaceutical industry
- High-energy, passionate about learning and winning, and resilient
- Strong technical and conceptual aptitude
- Proven strategic/tactical planning, project management and implementation capabilities
- Strong interpersonal skills and coaching skills at the employee and management levels
A demonstrated capacity for strategic thinking, planning, marketing and product development
- Must have experience in effectively addressing including presentations with all stakeholders.
- Experience in clinical marketing of products/capabilities through multiple sales channels.
- Experience in product marketing in a medical or healthcare related business and related product lines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite; advanced experience with PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills to effectively work in a team environment; high customer empathy and desire to enthusiastically serve.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, track progress of projects and stay on schedule. Strong planning and organizational skills.
- General professional, business acumen including: cost estimating, financial analysis, and ROI activities.
- Travel required: 30% using corporate travel practices.
- Experience with formal marketing methodology
This Job Description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this position guide at any time
Acelity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Federal Contractor employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or other legally protected status.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor