Dir, Employee Engagement and Internal Communications
The Director of Employee Engagement and Internal Communications will focus on three primary areas of responsibility: internal communication channels to ensure employees receive the right messages at the right time to align teams around our shared vision and goals; internal brand and message harmonization to ensure employees at all ranks are steeped in the best, most effective ways to represent Acelity; and measurement and continuous quality improvement to ensure we are consistently improving our ability to overcome communications challenges and advance the state of internal communications at Acelity.
- Lead a small team that oversees a full suite of employee communications channels - including intranet sites, newsletters, and large-scale employee meetings - to ensure seamless execution and top-notch content that is tied to organizational priorities and employee interests
- Partner closely with employee engagement experts in Human Resources and other regions to ensure we are leveraging best practices, appropriately differentiating content and channels, and creating an exciting diet of content across all channels
- Work with regional HR, the C-Suite and the Senior Leadership Team to ensure that employees are aware of and invested in our annual Vital Few Initiatives.
- Work with functional leadership to ensure they and market-facing teams - including sales and account management, government relations, public relations, and community benefit - are trained in messaging strategy and have convenient access to updated messaging documents and organizational proof points
- Lead communications planning and execution for organizational changes, and determine the best channels and messaging that helps the organization to digest, understand and embrace necessary change - ultimately leading to accelerated alignment
- Develop strong relationships with functional leaders and sales/field leadership representatives to ensure strong linkage between priorities and on-the-ground employee sensibilities and realities
- Develop monitoring programs to ensure all employee engagement initiatives are measurable and continuously improving
- Be accountable for overseeing the design, implementation and monitoring of large-scale employee-communications campaigns
- Maintain and support a culture of compliance, ethics, integrity & continuous improvement. Maintain knowledge of policies and procedures and perform in accordance. Appropriately reports fraud and abuse
- Provide expert guidance and mentorship to a small but strong team of internal communications professionals
Skills and Experiences:
- Experience working within a large business, preferably a global organization within the life sciences industry and/or a top-tier communications agency.
- Ability to manage change, resolve conflicts and ensure collaboration within teams.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- 7+ years relevant experience, including at least 3 years developing and implementing internal communications programs for one or more publicly traded companies.
- Experience contributing to efforts to nurture and support a strong and effective corporate culture.
- Strong executive presence and credibility, with the requisite intellect to construct a compelling business case for ideas and initiatives and the capacity and style to persuade and inspire others at all levels in the organization.
- A results-oriented yet collaborative style.
- Strong detail-oriented, organizational, process and project management skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects with a sense of urgency and to navigate within a matrix organization.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate accurately and concisely.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, compelling, motivating copy for internal audiences.
- Direct experience managing corporate intranets and video projects and knowledge of new communications technologies such as social media.
- Must have internal communication experience with global companies that are based on science or technology in regulated industries.
- Previous employment in the life sciences industry preferred but not required.
- Bachelor's Degree