District Manager - Field Service Operations
This position is responsible for directly leading the tactical operations for a multi-state territory and driving excellence in customer service. While ensuring execution of departmental and company objectives, the position is responsible for establishing and maintaining local partnerships and collaboration with cross-functional departments. Responsibilities also include the leadership and development of direct team members.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and develop daily operations of the field service teams in support of commercial activities within assigned territory
- Serves as primary contact with district and local sales leadership & corporate support teams Proactively manages customer relationships, providing customer focused solutions with customer centric answers
- Ensures consistent and reliable field service performance in line with customer expectations across assigned territory. Empowers teams to provide solutions that drive customer satisfaction and improvement in the customer experience. Ensures maintenance and adherence of team members to all hospital protocols regarding the delivery, service, pick up, and safety checks of all Acelity products
- Drives passion within the team for the customer and Acelity’s product offering
- Ensures recruitment and hiring of appropriate team members that contribute to the organization’s success.
- Provides leadership and supports development of field service team members
- Organizes and structures service center operations by staffing, training, developing, evaluating and rewarding service center personnel to ensure high levels of productivity and customer service with minimum employee turnover
- Establishes and maintains staffing of appropriate work schedules to support local business commitments at all assigned locations, in adherence to employment policies and practices
- Maintains control and management of Acelity’s rental asset and supplies inventories in accordance with KCI’s quality management protocols to ensure availability and reliability of products. Actively ensures product availability across all assigned locations to support daily demand.
- Evaluates distribution network resources and recommends appropriate adjustments of network characteristics to meet commercial and business objectives
- Manages service center fleet vehicle programs to ensure appropriate utilization of vehicles, sound vehicle safety practices,
- Ensures a fully compliant distribution network through leading adherence to internal policies and procedures and external regulatory requirements. Maintains knowledge of local, state and national regulatory requirements and ensures operational compliance to those standards. As needed, recommends changes to protocols.
- Maintains ownership of territory financial results. Monitors profit and loss statements of service center operations through review and analysis of operations and related accounting data. Proactively institutes management initiatives to ensure productivity and cost controls. Approves expenses as required
- Improve productivity through benchmarks, training, evaluations, support ,KPI’s and completion of reporting as required
- Provides details to support functions on recommended changes in policies, protocols and procedures in support of achieving commercial objectives and maintaining regulatory compliance. Identifies, addresses and escalates market trends and intelligence as appropriate.
- Creates and communicates performance impacts, action plans and business reviews with Acelity’s field service leadership.
- Conforms to, supports and enforces Company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 6 years service-related, distribution or operations experience.
- Minimum 4 years management experience that includes multiple locations and/or a remote workforce.
- Mid-level proficiency in Microsoft office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OutLook
- Ability to learn proprietary software systems
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentational skills
- Demonstrated ability to clarify and manage customer expectations
- Demonstrated success and enthusiasm for employee coaching, development and training
- Demonstrated use and interpretation of operational metrics
- Demonstrated ability to schedule employees to accommodate work load and establishing performance measures.
- Strong business acumen; ability to comprehend big picture and connections to tactical actions
- Demonstrate ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business dealings
- Demonstrated ability to present a positive image of Acelity through adherence to account protocols and presentation of professional behavior at all times
- Ability to travel by air or vehicle to attend business related functions, including nights and weekends if necessary
- Three years of multi-location / remote workforce management
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Green belt or greater