Medical Sciences Liaison
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent Acelity and its product portfolio by developing relationships with critical stakeholders, including but not limited to healthcare professionals (physicians, surgeons, nurses and allied health professionals) in addition to key healthcare decisions makers, academic institutions, and managed care organizations. MSLs will address the specific needs of these groups by engaging in discussions on Acelity’s products that support the restoration of people’s lives through wound healing, in addition to future pipeline products that are timely, fair-balanced, and objective.
The MSL will establish rapport with these individuals and groups through highly scientific product and disease related discussions that not only support or expand current therapeutic concepts, but also ensure the safe and effective utilization of Acelity’s products. MSLs will work with key corporate partners to foster the development of long term working relationships with these individuals and groups. MSLs will foster local and/or national research and education opportunities, and extend Acelity’s resources as appropriate.
The MSL will also work closely with internal management to develop and execute a plan designed to meet shared business objectives. MSLs will provide input to management regarding market dynamics as they pertain to Acelity products, business development (i.e., opportunities and risks, competitive intelligence), and customer feedback.
- Reinforce Acelity’s position as a market leader, committed to the exchange of scientific information and optimizing patient care strategies and outcomes
- As part of the Professional Affairs team, build, develop & maintain professional relationships with local/regional/national KOLs through appropriate scientific exchange of information and knowledge that benefits Acelity customers and patients
- Facilitate the transfer of knowledge from these thought leaders to other physicians, clinicians, and the Acelity commercial teams
- Serve as a key clinical/scientific resource to key opinion leaders and advocates
- Identify opportunities to partner with key opinion leaders whose knowledge and expertise on disease state specific initiatives supports Acelity’s mission.
- Maintain thorough and up-to-date knowledge of wound management concepts and treatment techniques, clinical research, HE&R information and product specifications, indications for use, application and other relevant information.
- Deliver fair-balanced clinical and scientific information to healthcare professionals in response to unsolicited requests for information on the use of Acelity’s products.
- Create education and presentation materials in support of internal and external customer needs. Ensure materials comply with regulatory guidelines and Acelity practices
- Support Acelity commercial organizations; sales training and field support
- Represent Acelity at professional meetings, advisory boards, investigator meetings, congresses, local symposia and partner-sponsored meetings including grand rounds, departmental meetings, and physician practice meetings.
- Provide peer-level support for Investigator-Initiated Studies and Publication Planning
- Continually monitor the medical environment to sustain expertise on wound management techniques, competitive products and features; assess implications for Acelity
- Ascertain critical competitive intelligence and appropriately communicate information back to Acelity management.
- Gather information about customer interests and perspectives as relates to Acelity products, share with appropriate headquarters contacts
- Responsible for transferring the information learned from experiments and projects to other groups inside and outside of R&D, (including Marketing, Clinical Affairs, Sales, Training, etc.)
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
- Conforms to, supports, and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Doctoral degree in a relevant health sciences or related field (Pharm. D., MD, DO or PhD) is preferred. Master degree in a relevant health professions/sciences or related field (biotechnology, biology, any clinical sciences leading to necessary skills) is required.
- Background in the wound management/medical device area
- 2+ years of relevant experience as a field-based MSL, or similar type field medical position
- Thorough grasp of the medical device industry, FDA requirements and AdvaMed code
- Proven track record of success in institution navigation
- Demonstrated expertise in communication of medical device information
- Ability to integrate and work in cross functional network
- Demonstrated project management ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel 50-60%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person so classified.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor