Director, Global Strategic Marketing- Acute Franchise
This position is responsible for strategy, pipeline and growth in sales of Acute Franchise. This position will have a global responsibility for strategic activities across Acute Franchise business area. Responsibilities include: Strategy, Opportunity analysis, Portfolio Management and development, Lifecycle management, Global Market penetration, partnering with Research & Technology, Business Development and Health Economics & Reimbursement to bring new innovations to the market at the right value for market acceptance. This position works closely with key stakeholders to deliver market retention and expansion initiatives to meet corporate revenue goals.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Global Portfolio Management. Development of opportunity maps and roadmaps (launch sequencing) business strategy, planning, execution and communication plan and leads execution and implementation of new product development to include collection of customer needs, translation into design requirements, global market assessments, business case creation and global launch planning.
- Manage all marketing activities associated with global new product introductions, increasing our market position globally for Acute Franchise business expanding into other regions of the world. Ensure product development teams have appropriate customer and business input. Completing complex market research to validate business assumptions, customer requirements, and financial drivers for project and using financial models to assess business returns
- Development and execution of a 5 year Strategic Marketing Plan with clear action items and an implementation plan. Provide process leadership for the yearly strategic planning activity.
- Partner with business development in the acquisition or licensing agreements following our portfolio plan, partner with R&D and Health Economics & Reimbursement in the development of new innovations at the right value for market acceptance. Drive a variety of strategic activities for new business and market opportunities.
- Manage marketing launch plans to include brand strategies, market research, competitive assessments, product positioning, media plans, public relations and marketing programs, while measuring and tracking market acceptance and ROI.
- Manage global sales tools, promotional literature and other product-related tools geared towards internal and external customers.
- Participate in National/International sales training meetings, customer visits and other promotional events as required.
- Travels globally (40%) to support all activities relating to the Acute Franchise
Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrated ability to lead new product portfolio planning activities
- Ability to translate current and future vision into strategies, determine executability of strategies & tactics. Previous proven experience.
- Experience working broad scope strategic marketing activities including creating and articulating vision for brand strategy and new and existing product concepts
- Experience in the development of reimbursement and clinical strategies
- Experience with market development activities in global markets.
- A solid understanding of product development process and strong interface with R&D and new product development teams.
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong communication, presentation and influencing skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead cross-functional / regional teams to achieve common goals without direct reporting relationships
- Project management skills.
- Technical acumen to understand new technologies and clinical applications.
Other Required Skills:
- Demonstrated KOL relationships in global markets.
- Track record of demonstrated results (proven year over year)
- Ability to travel domestic and international approximately 40% of the time with at multiple customer visits per quarter.
- Customer First
- One Acelity
- Will to Win
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field
- At least 10 years of Medical Devices with combination of Strategic Marketing, Product Marketing Management, Product Development, Brand Management, Clinical Sales , or Sales Management.
- At least 10 years of experience developing and implementing marketing strategies
- Experience launching products into new markets addressing unmet needs and growing product portfolio
- Experience with MicroSoft Office applications including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OutLook
- Ability to travel internationally at least 40%
- Masters Degree
- International Marketing
- Service, partnerships and distribution experience
- 2nd Language a plus
- Undergraduate degree in Business or Engineering
- MBA, preferred
- Experience in wound care or global marketing role
- Experience in a global marketing role
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor