Engineering Internship - Design Verification & Stability
The Engineering Intern supports the execution of design verification and stability projects, helps qualify lab equipment, performs design verification testing, and writes test reports. These verification activities support the product development, product reliability, and safety testing. Interacts collaboratively with a wide range of disciplines to create innovative products in the challenging and rewarding medical device industry.
The Engineering intern responsibilites vary between lab testing and document writing. The intern will utilize technical writing skills to provide clear concise documents. Performs data analysis for test reports activities including: statistical analysis, data reduction and gage repeatability and reproducibility.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Work with engineer to validate test methods
- Performs equipment qualification, software validation, DOE, and measurement analysis.
- Design and coordinate the fabrication of unique test fixtures required for protocol execution.
- Effectively execute design verification and stability project assignments.
- Performs a variety of duties in the electrical, mechanical, electro-mechanical, or chemical testing.
- Prepare test samples and set-up equipment to carry out verification and simulated use testing.
- Execute testing per written protocol.
- Record test data as required, in proper formats, either manually or electronically ( e.g. electronic data acquisition and control programs).
- Responsible for the care and use of sensitive and valuable equipment.
- Must be able to correctly follow written instruction, engineering drawings, and verbal instructions.
- Works closely with engineers for assembly and testing of systems involving electronic circuits and/or mechanical components, prototypes and complete product.
- Perform other duties as assigned Plan time and priorities in an effective manner to achieve all tasks assigned with the objective of assuring data integrity and compliance.
- Write test reports that summarize the compilation and analysis of basic reliability data from field studies.
- Analyze test data for conformance to pre-determined acceptance criteria and prepare formal reports and results summaries.
- Assist engineering team in failure investigations/ root cause analysis for problems identified during lab testing and field issues.
- Work with lab technicians, both internal and external, to execute and troubleshoot product testing
- Use problem solving skills: 5Ms, 5 Whys, Gage R&R, etc. to determine root cause.
Skills and Experiences:
- Strong technical writing skills
- Good communication skills to convey complex technical information effectively to internal and customer stakeholders
- Need to clearly articulate design verification and stability process concepts to the business community through written and oral presentations.
- Computer skills sufficient to retrieve, manipulate, analyze, interpret, and present data.
- Be part of the solution – to maintain compliance and help manage design verification & packaging testing projects
- Understand regualtory requirements for electronic medical device and product stability to lead project team through technical challenges
- Knowledge of FDA design control requirements
- Proficiency with MS Office business software – Word, Excel, Project, Visio
- Strong technical writing skills
- Knowledge of international medical device standards
- Experience with solid modeling and engineering drawing creation (SolidWorks preferred).
- Knowledgeable of statistical software, preferably MiniTab.
- Experience in any of the following test categories: thermal, vibration, HALT, electrical safety (EG/ UL/IEC standards particularly IEC 60601).
- At least 2 years in a engineering field of study
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor