Supervisor, Meeting Planning
NOTE: The preferred primary location for this position is the Acelity New Jersey office in Somerville, NJ.
The Supervisor, Meeting Planning is responsible for coordinating field sales driven medical education programs and other small-scale events for healthcare professionals. The Supervisor, Meeting Planning directly supervises Meeting Planning Specialist personell. This position requires people and project management, heavy customer interaction and attention to detail to ensure highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction. The Supervisor, Meeting Planning reports to the Sr. Manager, Meeting Planning.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Developing performance objectives with direct reports; Performance management of direct reports to include coaching, development, training and conducting performance review.
- Oversight of day-to-day operations for Field Sales driven medical education events:
- Systems management
- Sharing best practices and demonstrating continued dedication to establishing and advancing standard operating procedures.
- Monitoring workloads and recommending solutions to maintain balance across resources
- Assisting Sr. Manager, Meeting Planning in establishing and executing business strategy with a focus on Local Medical Education (LME) events, Business Meetings and In-service Training Events.
- Managing program logistics for Field Sales driven medical education events (~100/year), including:
- Facilitating Speaker/Faculty transportation and lodging
- Venue contracting and menu selection
- A/V rental
- Invitation management
- Confirming all program logistics with sales rep and speaker
- Efficiently and effectively managing programs utilizing web-based software, including ability to run and analyze reports
- Ensuring compliance for programs and events managed
- Budget management and fiscal responsibility in managing program spend
- Providing “white glove” service to Speakers/Faculty at all times and implementing ways to enhance service to our external customers
- Working closely with Health Care Compliance to ensure adherence to AdvaMed Code of Ethics, Physicians Payment Sunshine Act requirements and Corporate guidelines pertaining to interactions with and exchanges of value for HCP’s
- Partnering with medical education team to ensure seamless transitions throughout processes and successful execution of events
- Building a collaborative partnership with sales colleagues to ensure excellence in program management and execution. This will include providing guidance to the sales force as needed and gathering constructive feedback from the sales force to continuously improve the process and improve internal customer satisfaction.
- Working collaboratively with corporate travel provider to arrange speaker travel, lodging and transportation
- Being available by phone, text and email for emergencies and questions during evenings when meetings are taking place
- Occasional travel to medical education programs and for Department Meetings
- Additional responsibilities as needed to ensure fulfilment of business needs.
Skills and Experiences:
- At least four years of experience in healthcare speaker programs and/or medical education program logistics management.
- Familiarity with AdvaMed guidelines and Health Care Compliance requirements.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Results driven, with the ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional oral and written communication skills, professional demeanour, and polished interpersonal skills with experience managing VIPs and vendor relationships.
- Experience working with a direct sales force and/or healthcare professionals.
- Unwavering customer focus, proficient computer skills, and ability to problem solve.
- Team oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership skills; Maturity to work self-directed and supervise others.
- One Acelity
- Customer First
- Will to Win
- At least four years of experience in healthcare speaker programs and/or medical education program logistics management
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and interacting with colleagues face-to-face and remotely
- Ability to lead others, coach and develop for the achievement of goals
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, etc.
- Expert level ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Expert level ability to manage multiple priorities and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Ability to interact effectively with all internal business partners and external business contacts while conveying a positive, service-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Ability to travel as needed (limited travel involved)
- Ability to influence others
- Ability to initiate and positively manage change
- Bachelors Degree in business, hospitality management or related field
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor