Director Innovation PMO
Leads and manages a program management office dedicated to innovation and globalization. Works with senior leaders to lead and manage through ambiguity to drive complex projects and planning activities that achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives. Drives to achieve multi-year program deadlines, scope and overall benefits.
- Provides leadership for the project catalog related to innovation and globalization.
- Partners with senior leaders, including Franchise Leaders and Functional Leaders, too articulate strategic goals of innovation and globalization.
- Own and manages relationship, sets the strategy, and grows the Offshore relationship with TCS or any other Offshore provider supporting Innovation, Operations, or Cross functional teams in the New Product Development Space.
- Oversight of resource planning for all cross functional areas supporting New Product Development. Highlight and work to resolve any resource demand constraints
- Works across global and local functions to identify and implement the key enablers of strategic success with regard to innovation and globalization investment decisions.
- Works with senior leaders, including Franchise Leaders and Functional Leaders, to identify breakthrough and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Partners with senior leaders, including Franchise Leaders and Functional Leaders, in critical decision making.
- Partners with senior leaders, including Franchise Leaders and Functional Leaders, to implement scorecards and analytics that enable a culture of accountability and learning.
- Facilitates development of project plans within a program for mission fit, ROI, schedule, budget, scope and resources.
- Gathers information, analyzes data trends, identifies root causes and develops work products.
- Negotiates agreements and settles disputes equitably.
- Manages the integration of each project's critical path within to the programs benefit.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues.
- Ensures alignment of execution to deliver early business value where ever possible. Active ownership of program results
- Provide program oversight, guidance, leadership to business owners through:
- Status updates
- Program/Dependency tracking
- Identify and solve resource gaps
- Highlight and resolve barriers
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration
- Program scope management
- Draft communications
- Provide project management resources
- Draft and drive shared MBOs for “Core Program Mgmt Team”
- Consolidate activities and report to Leadership
- Drive program to meet financial goals and meet committed timelines
Position Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Enterprise program management.
- 5 to 10 years of experience working in strategic PMO operations, driving measurable results.
- Certification and/or demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: PMP, Lean, Six Sigma, Agile development, Design for Six Sigma, or similar proficiencies.
- Certification and/or demonstrated experience with meeting facilitation.
- Experience with financial analysis to include utilization of ROI, net present value (NPV) and IRR.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects to consistently meet deadlines and the associated business value.
- Demonstrated exceptional verbal, oral and written communication skills. Must be able influence senior management without authority in a matrixed environment while facilitating meetings and leading presentations.
In addition to the basic qualifications and other required qualifications listed above, the following preferred qualifications also exist:
- Demonstrated familiarity with project gate processes, especially innovation stage gates.
- A high level of initiative and resourcefulness is needed including the ability to seek out and seize opportunities.
- Strong team player able to work effectively with all levels of employees in the company and to deal with many different levels of technical and business acumen.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal day-to-day guidance and have the ability to own problems through to resolution.
- The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.