Medical Education Manager
** THIS POSITION CAN WORK REMOTE FROM HOME OR IN OUR SAN ANTONIO AND NEW JERSEY LOCATIONS**
Job Summary: Responsible for the development and implementation of regional and national medical education programs to support the Incision Management, Acute and Post-Acute V.A.C Therapy and AWD franchises.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Manage medical education programs that provide “best-in-class” learning opportunities
- Manage program faculty, agenda and content development
- Collaborate closely with meeting planning and other business partners to ensure program logistics and registration are well supported and aligned with business strategy
- Develop and advance meaningful measures of success
- Manage key vendor relationships
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Develop new Medical Education concepts, programs, and methods of program delivery along with standards for Medical Education in alignment with the overall strategic plan of the company. Update/revise current programs and delivery methods ongoing.
- Maintain current knowledge of clinical data, surgical and wound care techniques, and educational needs
- Demonstrate solid understanding of peer-to-peer educational platforms, and general trends in medicine and peer-to-peer education
- Actively participate in internal alignment discussions
- Define educational tactics, including program formats, target audience, and content
- Craft and advance program formats and agendas
- Create and continually update materials, resources and processes for the medical education group, including core decks, invitation templates, program planning workflows, checklists, SOPs, etc.
- Develop and own relationships with regional key opinion leaders and key decision makers and strategically leverage these relationships to advance messaging, impact and influence
- Identify speaker development needs, vet appropriate candidates, onboard, monitor progress and identify ongoing training needs
- Serve as resource to all KCI departments as well as management as relates to the processes, plans and actives of Medical Education with regard to the overall strategic objectives of the company. Serve as external spokesperson for the organization as needed. Serve as reliable point of contact for Medical Education within assigned region(s) and corporate partnerships, committees and teams
Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to establish and communicate meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization a plus.
- Ability to influence, building long-term relationships that can be leveraged to achieve desired outcomes.
- Exceptional project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects at one time, effectively prioritize and remain detail oriented.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with the ability mentor, train, and inspire others to collaborate towards a shared vision.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment, be able to multi-task, and remain detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated confidence to engage in difficult discussions with diplomacy Strong initiative and resourcefulness
- Ability to effectively serve as a resource to external key customers and executives within the Company.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate leadership through compliance with the Company's set of principles and standards.
- Intermediate level computer skills Ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion in business relationships and exercise sound business judgment
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 25% to attend scheduled business and corporate functions when required
- One Acelity
- Will to Win
- Customer First
- 3-5+ years experience in Medical Education, with in house (non-agency) experience
- 5+ years experience in Medical Education, with in house (non-agency) experience
- Advanced degree in business, science, or healthcare field
- Medical Device and/or wound care experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a scientific or business field