Enterprise Cloud Architect
As an Enterprise Cloud Architect you will be a solution-oriented leader who serves a key role in executing IT-Business aligned initiatives to their successful completion. The selected candidate will work as a member of the IT Architecture team and will partner closely with IT Operations and Application teams to deliver Cloud, on-premise and Hybrid solutions. You will drive efficiency gains by reducing complex processes and repetitive tasks, standardize processes, and improve performance and resiliency of critical business services. A key focus will be to participate in the design and implementation of the next phase Infrastructure consisting of cloud services, consolidated data centers and self-service technology. The successful candidate for this role must have experience with integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, provide outstanding customer service, strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, excellent business communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Develop roadmaps that define the future state technology architecture and recommend where and when work will be done to evolve to this future state.
- Participate in the selection of hardware and software products and participate in the planning for which features get implemented on what timeline.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies for the purpose of evaluating and recommending those that will increase performance, reliability, cost effectiveness, infrastructure flexibility or otherwise provide value to our business.
- Develop and document reference architectures and associated standards to be used as a basis for technology selection and implementation.
- Participate in annual technology planning to identify where technology investments are needed and where technical architectures need updating.
- Participate and lead application or infrastructure implementation projects implemented by partner organisations offshore to insure the design conforms to the technical architecture and standards, and modify or extend the technical architecture when it is necessary to accommodate project needs.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture implementation and provide technical expertise, direction and assistance whenever you have the needed skills to solve a problem.
- Establish and maintain relationships with technology vendors and facilitate business understanding of vendor solutions.
- Participate in DevOps based infrastructure delivery initiatives and process development.
Skills and Experiences:
- Solid understanding of IP-based network architecture and contemporary virtualization technologies
- Public and Private Cloud provider experience, including virtual private cloud and hybrid cloud solutions
- Proven success on projects with large-scale deployments
- Understanding of application life-cycle management methodology is preferred, with micro-services, container deployment and cloud-native experience a bonus
- Knowledge of architecture concepts, industry standards, and best practices
- Experience in capacity and performance management
- Knowledge of TOGAF and certification a plus.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Basic knowledge of financial models and budgeting and having the ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal presentation skills, strong data-based, analytical and reasoning skills, sound decision-making and organizational ability.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment and familiarity with ITIL methodology and practices a plus.
- Minimum 7 years of experience conceiving, architecting, engineering, and administering technology in a distributed environment with capabilities in at least 5 of the following IT disciplines and technologies: infrastructure architecture, networking, middleware, desktop, storage, relational databases, layered software services like system monitoring, scheduling and backup/recovery, application development, disaster recovery, servers (Windows and Unix platforms), enterprise voice and collaboration, and virtualization/Cloud technologies.
- A team player, with an ability to collaborate efficiently to achieve team goals.
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured, dynamic organization.
- Recognized as a leader able to inspire and motivate others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction; skilled in the analysis and definition of organization goals and objectives, direction setting and the interpretation of goals into specific tasks.
- Must demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results.
- Must be an analytical individual who questions why things are done and applies intelligence to resolve issues.
- This will be an “achiever” personality with a start-up mentality who strives to resolve issues and roadblocks and meet goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Will have a strong understanding of the business and business goals and will lead to meet those goals.
- Will value people and will build a collaborative environment that promotes teamwork.
- Will have the background and style that elicits respect in the organization through management style, technical depth, customer service and results.
- Strong business/relevant industry acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and IT’s enablement potential.
- Must have outstanding communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work through influence with an apolitical style.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values, impeccable integrity
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed.
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice.The information listed above is not a comprehensive list of all duties/responsibilities performed. This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Any physical and mental requirements described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability: Acelity L.P. Inc. and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information or any other legally protected characteristic. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf VEVRAA Federal Contractor