Sr. Director Digital Health & Transformation
The Digital Health & Transformation candidate will be responsible for establishing the vision, strategy, & roadmap to support the development and commercialization of new product capabilities surrounding Acelity’s digital health sector. In addition, the candidate will lead the transformation of Acelity’s legacy technologies supporting our customer care and Order To Cash functions. This position reports directly to the CIO and requires a seasoned leader capable of establishing and maintaining executive level partnership.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Establish a digital health & transformation team to support the software development of leading edge technologies in Cloud, IoT, Portal, and transactional processing.
- Partner with Product development teams and various business groups to help develop a go forward strategy, present recommendations to senior management and make consistent progress leading teams in accordance with the strategy
- Manage all aspects of the mobile/digital development program and project delivery by effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, controlling, and bringing to closure multiple, large, high profile, high priority projects across multiple business lines
- Act as a role model and mentor on software development methodologies, standards, strategies, quality and change leadership
- Influence others by demonstrating professionalism, passion/enthusiasm, providing communication/motivation and creating a collaborative environment
- Define roadmap for digital capabilities in collaboration with multiple stakeholders across IT, Product Development, and business owners
- Collaborate with product management leaders to establish cohesive team environment and develop tactical and strategic plans for moving applications/products forward to meet rapidly evolving market requirements
- Owning direct accountability for overall project/program delivery of development teams and vendors ensuring the successful execution and delivery of projects that meet scope, timing and cost goals
- Leading application development and support vendor identification, evaluation and selection to staff project delivery roles that meet delivery standards across quality, throughput and budgetary/return-on-investment goals from both internal and external teams
- Leverage the Portfolio Management process to ensure that adequate resources and priority is applied to projects that forward the strategic goals of the business while keeping pace with technology advances and obsolescence
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate
- Proactively anticipate and identify potential risks and issues that may impact deliverables and develop and implement mitigation and corrective actions
- Promote continuous improvement by conducting, documenting, and communicating lessons learned
- Ensure that project teams remain focused on key objectives and goals and comply with established methodologies
- Champion professional development: ensure development of career development, training planning, performance management, and hiring processes for associates and candidates
- Accountable for the successful delivery of the roadmap's components, ensuring measurements are in place to confirm the realization of benefits
- Reviewing on-going capability development, enhancement requests and working with key stake holders to sequence the delivery of those appropriately in system roadmap
- Partnering with all necessary teams to deliver technical innovations in support of emerging business needs and progressing these ideas from concept to scaled models with focus on flexibility and reuse
- Create Executive-level presentations summarizing plans and progress
- Keep current with advances in mobile app development & digital technology and industry trends
- All other duties as assigned
Skills and Experiences:
- Background in the healthcare industry with exposure to digital health, IoT, and product development
- Demonstrated experience in delivering a complex business technology solution
- Extensive experience in meeting planning and facilitation
- Demonstrated experience in professional development, hiring, and team development
- Knowledge and experience with building and supporting applications on various platforms.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in system architecture, technical design, and system and software development technology
- Strong understanding and experience with development and support of mission critical applications optimized to run in cloud computing environments and deliver highly scalable, reliable performance; ability to roll up sleeves and oversee trouble shooting, performance tuning as required
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in the development project lifecycle. Significant Knowledge in SDLC methodologies including AGILE and SCRUM
- Ability to solve technical/engineering problems and execute on the solution through the development, testing and architecture teams, et al.
- Demonstrated experience in making articulate and effective oral presentations to different audience
- Experience with managing a matrixed organization, including suppliers and/or offshore resources
- Strong technical experience in UI technologies and design, application programming interfaces and web services
- 10 years or more experience in progressive leadership roles surrounding software systems development, product development, project management, process development and resource management
- A process-oriented individual, with strong project management skills, who has the flexibility to thrive in a fast-paced, unstructured, dynamic organization.
- Recognized as a leader able to inspire and motivate others through conviction, vision, and the ability to formulate and articulate direction; skilled in the analysis and definition of organization goals and objectives, direction setting and the interpretation of goals into specific tasks.
- Must demonstrate a strong track record of delivering results.
- Must be an analytical individual who questions why things are done and applies intelligence to resolve issues.
- This will be an “achiever” personality with a start-up mentality who strives to resolve issues and roadblocks and meet goals on time. Will be a self-starter who maps own direction to succeed.
- Must be comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt quickly and easily.
- Will have a strong understanding of the business and business goals and will lead to meet those goals.
- Will value people and will build a collaborative environment that promotes teamwork.
- Will have the background and style that elicits respect in the organization through management style, technical depth, customer service and results.
- Strong business/relevant industry acumen with the ability to quickly and thoroughly understand business priorities, operations, and IT’s enablement potential.
- Must have outstanding communication skills with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work through influence with an apolitical style.
- Strong personal and professional ethical values, impeccable integrity and the energy level required to meet the demands of the position.
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math
- Bachelors degree in in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or 15 years of experience in a related field