HR Business Partner II
The HR Business Partner II position is responsible for performing human resource related duties on a professional level and works closely with senior human resource management in supporting designated client groups in the Acelity organization. The position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, on boarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, compensation, employee data management, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
Principle Responsibilities: (essential job duties and responsibilities)
- Manage various human resource plans and procedures ensuring consistent implementation of established company policy through the Acelity business.
- Work with the HR Director and assigned management team members to develop and deploy all aspects of effective workforce planning, talent pipeline requirements, employee development and talent acquisition to meet business unit talent needs.
- Collaborate on and deploy programs to understand and improve employee engagement, employee retention and turnover reduction.
- In coordination with line managers, facilitate annual human resources processes including performance management, talent/succession planning and compensation reviews.
- Provide day to day performance management support and guidance to managers on management, coaching, career development, disciplinary actions and employee relations.
- Identify and analyze employee relations matters and recommend appropriate employment action to maintain a productive work environment and achieve optimal performance.
- Prepare and analyze human resources key performance indicators and analytics to determine key trends and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Support management in the on-boarding of new hires to the company and conduct new hire orientation.
- Conduct exit interviews, analyzes exit data, and produces summary reports and trending analysis.
- Coordinates updates and conducts audits in the HR management system to ensure data accuracy of all employee records.
- Conduct salary reviews, equity analysis and makes recommendations on compensation changes in support of market adjustments, promotions and other off-cycle compensation changes.
- Maintain current knowledge of standards and legislation related to day to day management of employees, reducing employment legal risks and ensuring compliance.
- Communicates the needs of managers related to the HR Centers of Excellence (Comp, Benefits, Recruiting, Development); works with HR Directors and COE's to implement and deploy solutions.
- Identify and drive the communication and sharing of best practices in the industry and across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
Skills and Experiences:
- Demonstrated capacity to skillfully communicate with all levels of employees, influence outcomes and establish credibility as a skilled HR generalist.
- Strong business acumen and a proven track record of setting and executing business objectives are required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in employee investigative processes and coaching management through employee relations, disciplinary actions or performance issues.
- Proven track record and strong consultation skills in a client facing role, including the ability to challenge and influence leaders to align people processes and practices with business objectives.
- Strong partnering skills with demonstrated knowledge of managing within the law and applying human resource best practices to business needs.
- Ability to lead processes to effect change and increase organizational effectiveness in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Earning Trust
- Managing Work
- Building Networks
- Planning and Organizing
- Decision Making
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Building Partnerships
- Valuing Differences
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience in human resources.
- Active PHR or SPHR certification.
- Proficient with MS Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Progressive HR experience in a business-based HR role with notable accomplishments in organizational development and change leadership.
- Strong consultation skills and proven track record in a client facing role, including the ability to challenge and influence leaders to align people processes and practices with business objectives is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exposure to medical device, pharmaceutical healthcare or related technical industries preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or other related program.
- Masters Degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.