Wound Care Representative
Looking for candidates in the Baltimore, MD area
The role of the Wound Care Representative (WCR) is to meet and exceed sales goals by advancing our wound care portfolio with an emphasis on Advanced Wound Dressings. Market segments responsible for include; Hospitals, Wound Care Centers, and Government, who focus on Wound Management. The WCR is required to understand and demonstrate appropriate clinical application of our products to physicians and wound care providers. The WCR handles customer product questions and objections in a way that is consistent with sales training methodology. Additionally, the WCR executes the selling cycle in a manner that is concise, professional, ethical and persuasive and leads the customer to action. Responsibility includes generating leads for the V.A.C. to the Acelity counterparts. Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, this role is the primary driver of Advanced Wound Dressings within strategic metropolitan cities.
III. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with Key customers
- Collaboration with Acelity counterparts
- Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing effective sales techniques.
- Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives.
- Effective customer needs assessment and solution development
- Effective sales process execution to include new business opportunities, lead generation, and competitive account conversions.
- Effective management of sales pipeline. Document opportunities and closed business.
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing and understand contract implementation and key GPO awards to effectively differentiate Systagenix and our product portfolio.
- In- service accounts by demonstrating products and applications for use.
- Maintain and increase penetration in existing accounts through effective territory management.
- Thorough knowledge and utilization of salesforce.com
- Prepare, maintain and update a business plan for the territory.
- Account Planning & Management (including pre and post call planning) Customer calls in-person required 4 days a week minimum.
- Attend in-house training, sales meetings, conventions, trade shows as required.
- Complete all administrative duties including required sales reports requested by management and expense reports in a timely manner.
- Responsible for obtaining and maintaining up to date records and medical credentials required by the hospitals in the territory.
- Timely communication with marketing, customer service and other internal personnel.
- Follow company policy regarding timely submission and/or reporting of any customer complaints.
- Attend conventions
- Complete informational studies for marketing
- Assist corporate staff who are traveling in field
IV. EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
(Minimum qualifications for the position)
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S) from a four- year college or university. Minimum of 5 years of documented outside sales success with the most recent being 2 years in medical sales required.
- Advanced Wound Care experience in the Acute Care Market and Wound Care Clinics preferred.
- Must live and have experience selling in the assigned territory; exceptions may be made for specific territories at the discretion of the company
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management required.
- A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
- Ability to travel domestically and within assigned region often involving overnight stays.
- Ability to analyze sales reports and data to develop business plans and to create effective strategies to increase sales and meet sales forecasts within the territory
- Consultative selling and closing skills
- The ability to build consultative relationships with advanced practice clinicians (physicians, NP’s, nurses), supply chain partners and end users to influence product choice decisions
- Clear ability to work with a diverse range of customers
- Demonstrated ability to promote concepts and ideas to create customer demand; excellent presentation skills and ability to engage audiences
- Superior presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal skills
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to engage audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Positive attitude, high integrity and ethical standards