Chief Information Technology Architect
The Chief Architect is responsible for managing senior level technical and business relationships, technology strategy and projects. You will be responsible for providing thought leadership to help the continued adoption of next generation cloud, infrastructure and applications solutions which support strategic application and cloud transformation initiatives. All candidates must have a proven ability to manage the assessment, creation, and documentation of current and future state architectures, performing gap analysis, and develop transformation roadmaps. You will oversee development of Acelity’s system and application and Digital transformation roadmap, managing the transformation implementation, roadmap implementation and monitoring. As the champion for Acelity’s Data Center, Infrastructure, Cloud, application transformation initiatives, you must be well versed in these areas and be expert at creating assessments that represent recommendations to help drive to maturity and excellence, while aligning to critical business needs.
The Chief Architect judiciously blends people, process and technology to formulate business and technological solutions to advise and support our business in digital transformation. In addition, you will lead the development of architectures and detailed technical designs for our mission critical systems. Engages with partners and vendors to integrate their products and services into our service solutions. This role also demands strong organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead complex technical decision making as well as maintain complex technical documentation.
- Act as a recognized authority for Cloud and Enterprise IT Infrastructure Services processes and technologies to design and integrate leading-edge, business-critical solutions for mission critical, enterprise-wide solutions.
- Lead teams of other business, technical, and enterprise architect in designing and developing new solutions
- Lead proof of concept development and pilot technical and operational solution. Manage deployment projects and provide technical expertise in resolving challenging technical problems.
- Using advanced consulting methodologies, translates long-range business plans into a services strategy.
- Leads analyses-of-alternatives to drive critical decisions in a timely manner while fostering a climate of ‘idea meritocracy’
- Provide technical leadership in the development and deployment of automation solution.
- Ensures that all architectural artifacts and deliverables are developed to the highest quality standards; provides final architectural review and approval for major technical artifacts and plans
- Conduct research on emerging technologies for the purpose of evaluating and recommending those that will increase performance, reliability, cost effectiveness, flexibility or otherwise provide value to our business.
- Develop and document reference architectures and associated standards to be used as a basis for technology selection and implementation
- Participate in annual technology planning to identify where technology investments are needed and where technical architectures need updating
- Participate on application or infrastructure implementation projects to insure the design conforms to the technical architecture and standards, and modify or extend the technical architecture when it is necessary to accommodate project needs.
- Oversee or consult on technical architecture implementation and provide technical expertise, direction and assistance.
- Establish and maintain relationships with technology vendors
- Master’s Degree and minimum 10 years of leadership experience or 20 years of leadership experience with a Bachelor's degree. .
- 10+ years of IT infrastructure solution engineering and service delivery experiences, including solution areas in data center operations, server, LAN/WAN network, storage, virtualization, cloud, database, and security. Strong experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level technical solutions.
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in VMWare and other virtualization technologies.
- 5+ years of strong experience with enterprise storage solutions (SAN/NAS) and associated thin provisioning, replication, automated tiering, continuous backup solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud migration solutions and hybrid cloud management solutions. AWS/Azure experience highly desired.
- Cross discipline in Application development and Infrastructure development, support, engineering, and architecture.
- Ability to synthesize solution design information, architectural principles, available technologies, third-party products, and industry standards to formulate a system architecture that meets business requirements and can be delivered within the desired timeframe.
- Extensive knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
- Ability to interface with team members at all levels, including business operations, finance, technology, and management.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, DevOps.
- Knowledge of system engineering concepts applied to large projects.
- Ability to conduct technical cost-benefit trade-off analysis
- Ability to make sound and logical judgments.
- Demonstrated leadership and personnel/project management skills.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to perform general mathematical calculations for the purpose of creating needs assessments, budgets, and so on.
- Able to conduct research into issues and products as required.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.